Elephants are almost certainly the main famous contributors of the animal nation. the big measurement, strange anatomy, and sturdiness of elephants have interested people for millenia. Biology, medication, and surgical procedure of Elephants serves as a complete textual content on elephant drugs and surgical procedure. in keeping with the services of 36 scientists and scientific veterinarians, this quantity covers biology, husbandry, veterinary medication and surgical procedure of the elephant as recognized today.
* Written by way of the main specialists within the field
* Comprehensively covers either Asian and African elephants
* whole with taxonomy, behavioral, geographical and systemic information
* Well-illustrated and arranged for simple reference
Quick preview of Biology, Medicine, and Surgery of Elephants PDF
Best Animals books
Spanning seven many years and 3 continents, Modoc is without doubt one of the so much outstanding precise animal tales ever advised. Raised jointly in a small German circus city, a boy and an elephant shaped a bond that will final their complete lives, and will be validated many times; via a near-fatal shipwreck within the Indian Ocean, an apprenticeship with the mythical Mahout elephant running shoes within the Indian teak forests, and their eventual upward thrust to circus stardom in Nineteen Forties ny urban.
While Robbie spends the summer season at his grandmother Maddy's residence, he revels in his grandmother's effortless, cozy methods. Robbie has continually felt as though anything is lacking in his life—his mom and dad do not continually act like they love him. Maddy is helping him remember the fact that an event his mom had in the past is on the middle of the matter in his relatives.
On any evening in early June, in the event you stand at the correct seashores of America’s East Coast, you could commute again in time all of the approach to the Jurassic. For as you watch, millions of horseshoe crabs will emerge from the froth and scuttle up the seashore to their spawning grounds, as they’ve performed, approximately unchanged, for greater than 440 million years.
"Slobodchikoff's ground-breaking study" (Jonathan Balcombe) exhibits us that animals have a lot to educate us approximately languageGroundbreaking learn has been performed educating animals human language, yet what in regards to the wrong way round? reports have proven that lizards, squid, monkeys, and birds are speaking to one another, speaking information regarding nutrition, predators, squabbles, and petty jealousies.
- I Thought You Were Dead
- The Bafut Beagles
- Why We Love Dogs, Eat Pigs, and Wear Cows: An Introduction to Carnism
- Voyage of the Turtle: In Pursuit of the Earth's Last Dinosaur
- The Princess Twins and the Puppy
Additional resources for Biology, Medicine, and Surgery of Elephants
07. 08. 09. 10. eleven. 12. thirteen. 14. 15. sixteen. assets the subsequent references include necessary designated discussions of a few of the issues pointed out during this bankruptcy: Clauss,11 Dierenfield,21 Olson,49 and Ullrey69. ACKNOWLEDGMENTS Colleagues who contributed considerably to this bankruptcy via written fabrics and dialogue through the years comprise Laura Tomat, Harold Hintz, Chuck Doyle, Susan Crissey (deceased), Liz Hile, Marcus Clauss, Antoni Milewski, Robert Miller, Ursula Bechert, and Naida Luskotoff. thanks basically on your enter and suggestions 17. 18. 19. 20. 21. REFERENCES 22. 01. Anathasubramaniam, C. R. 1980. A observe at the dietary necessities of the Asian elephant (Elephas maximus indicus). Elephant Suppl 1:72–73. 02. Ange, okay. , Crissey, S. D. , Doyle, C. , Lance, okay. and Hintz, H. 2001. A survey of African (Loxodonta africana) and Asian (Elephas maximus) elephant diets and measured physique dimensions com- 23. 24. foodstuff sixty three pared to their anticipated nutrient requisites. Proc AZA Nutr Advis workforce 4:13–27. Barnes, R. F. W. 1982. Elephant feeding behaviour in Ruaha nationwide Park, Tanzania. Afr J Ecol 20:123–136. Bax, P. N. and Sheldrick, D. L. W. 1963. a few initial observations at the meals of elephant within the Tsavo Royal nationwide Park (East) of Kenya. E Afr Wildl J 1:40–53. Brown, J. L. , Schoenemann, H. M. , Raath, J. P. , De Vos, V. and Bush, M. 1994. Serum concentrations of cationic minerals in free-ranging elephants (Loxodonta africana) within the Kruger nationwide Park. J Zoo Wildl Med 25:495–499. Brown, I. R. F. and White, P. T. 1979. Elephant blood haematology and chemistry. Comp Biochem Physiol 65B:1–12. Buice, R. , Maloy, D. , Wraath, C. and Loskutoff, N. M. 1995. influence of varied cryoprotectants on epididymal sperm from African elephants (Loxodonta africana). Proc Assoc Zoo Vet Tech, Baltimore, Maryland, pp. 91–92. Buss, I. O. 1990. Elephant lifestyles: Fifteen Years of excessive inhabitants Density. Ames,Iowa nation college Press, pp. 143–172. Cerling, T. E. , Harris, J. M. and Leakey, M. G. 1999. searching and grazing in elephants: The isotope list of recent and fossil proboscideans. Oecologia 120:364. Chiaki, N. 1996. seasonal differences in African elephant food in Tsavo nationwide Park, Kenya. MSc Thesis, Michigan country collage, Michigan. Clauss, M. , Loehlein, W. , Kienzle, E. and Wiesner, H. 2003a. stories on feed digestibilities in captive Asian elephants (Elephas maximus). J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr 87:160–173. Clauss, M. , Wang, Y. , Ghebremeskel, ok. , Lendl, C. E. and Streich, W. J. 2003b. Plasma and erythrocyte fatty acids in captive Asian (Elephas maximus) and African (Loxodonta africana) elephants. Vet Rec 153(2):54–58. Clemens, E. T. and Maloiy, G. M. O. 1982. The digestive body structure of 3 East African herbivores: The elephant, rhinoceros and hippopotamus. J Zool Lond 198:141–156. Clemens, E. T. and Maloiy, G. M. O. 1983. Nutrient digestibility and gastrointestinal electrolyte flux within the elephant and rhinoceros. Comp Biochem Physiol 75A:653–658. Crawford, M. A. 1968. Fatty-acid ratios in free-living and family animals. The Lancet ii:1329–1331.