By Beth Reiber
- Expert advice from an skilled writer. Our Frommer's Tokyo writer was the first US resident appointed a YOKOSO! Japan Ambassador via Japan's Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, shipping, and Tourism for her a long time writing approximately Japan. she is going to supply necessary insights and suggestion and may express you the genuine middle of Tokyo.
- Comprehensive and clear directions for navigating a fast moving and infrequently overwhelming city.
- The better of each neighborhood, together with swanky retailers within the Ginza district, the Imperial Palace (home of Japan's emperor) within the Hibiya district, sumo wrestling stadiums within the city of Ryogoku, and complicated "lolita" (baby doll) and "cosplay" (anime personality) clothes you will see youngsters donning within the Harijuku district.
- Options for each rate point, from luxury business hotels to cheap, miniscule "capsule hotels," from eating places serving beautiful kaiseki feasts to stand-up noodle homes, from high-end bars and clubs in the Ginza district to satisfied hours and dive bars in Shinjuku and Roppongi.
- A convenient glossary of daily expressions and menu phrases, and our exact and necessary jap personality translations that can assist you spot institutions' signs.
- Side trips to Kamakura, Nikko, Mashiko, Yokahama, Mount Fuji, and more.