By Dave Taylor
Think your Mac is robust now? This sensible advisor indicates you the way to get even more out of your process via tapping into Unix, the powerful working method hid underneath OS X’s attractive person interface. OS X places greater than 1000 Unix instructions at your fingertips—for discovering and dealing with records, remotely having access to your Mac from different pcs, and utilizing freely downloadable open resource applications.
If you’re an skilled Mac consumer, this up to date variation teaches you all of the simple instructions you must start with Unix. You’ll quickly easy methods to achieve actual keep watch over over your system.
- Get your Mac to just do what you will want, should you want
- Make alterations for your Mac’s filesystem and directories
- Use Unix’s locate, find, and grep instructions to find records containing particular information
- Create special "super instructions" to accomplish projects that you simply specify
- Run a number of Unix courses and procedures on the related time
- Access distant servers and engage with distant filesystems
- Install the X Window approach and research the easiest X11 applications
- Take benefit of command-line positive factors that allow you to shorten repetitive tasks
By Timothy Perrett
Lift in Action is a step by step exploration of the raise framework. It strikes throughout the topic fast utilizing conscientiously crafted, well-explained examples that make you cozy from the beginning. This ebook is written for builders who're new to either Scala and Lift.
About the Technology
Lift is a Scala-based net framework designed for very interactive and interesting net purposes. it truly is hugely scalable, production-ready, and may run in any servlet box. And Lift's convention-over-configuration procedure helps you to keep away from useless work.
About this Book
Lift in Action is a step by step exploration of the raise framework. It strikes during the topic fast utilizing rigorously crafted, well-explained examples that make you cozy from the beginning. you will persist with an enjoyable trip public sale software that covers the middle suggestions and exhibits up architectural and improvement options. convenient appendixes supply a Scala crash direction and tips for developing a very good coding atmosphere.
This publication is written for builders who're new to either Scala and raise and covers simply enough Scala to get you started.
buy of the print publication comes with a suggestion of a unfastened PDF, ePub, and Kindle e-book from Manning. additionally to be had is all code from the ebook.
- Complete assurance of the carry framework
- Security, maintainability, and performance
- Integration and scaling
- Covers carry 2.x
Table of Contents
- Introducing Lift
- Hello Lift
- The public sale application
- Customers, auctions, and bidding
- Shopping basket and checkout
- Common projects with raise WebKit
- SiteMap and entry control
- HTTP in Lift
- AJAX, wiring, and Comet
- Persistence with Mapper
- Persistence with Record
PART 1 GETTING STARTED
PART 2 program TUTORIAL
PART three carry IN DETAIL
Learn the basics of designing the consumer event for functions and websites
About This Book
- Get up to the mark at the general layout process
- Learn tips to architect your product with activity stream diagrams
- Create wireframes with actual international examples
Who This booklet Is For
Whether you're looking to turn into a qualified UX clothier, or simply have to get the activity performed, the rules and methods mentioned during this e-book might help you know the way to craft reliably potent and profitable layout solutions.
What you'll Learn
- Generate interplay maps and job move diagrams
- Create wireframe layout proposals
- Interact with consumers who desire layout services
- Understand your clients with via developing personas
- Establish layout tenets that can assist you remain at the correct track
- Quantify a layout answer utilizing heuristic evaluations
- Ensure your brainstorming classes are successful
- Get begun with the layout procedure with the aid of consumer survey and concentration groups
- Use paper prototyping and different checking out strategies that will help you are expecting success
Designing the consumer event (UX) for web pages and functions could be an exciting and gratifying event, however it is additionally a chaotic and troublesome exercise. the major to good fortune lies in an intensive figuring out of the normal layout strategy, and in owning an organization clutch of potent and confirmed UX layout techniques.
This ebook is a entire, but concise, primer for these seeking to larger comprehend the center ideas of UX layout. It illustrates those ideas with instance tasks, warns you of universal stumbling blocks, and introduces you to confirmed methodologies that support help you efforts to discover layout strategies that work.
This ebook will positioned you at the highway to turning into a UX dressmaker through instructing you the method and strategies utilized by layout pros to create world-class functions and internet sites. This advent to person event layout will coach you at the required examine and basis that can assist you lower in the course of the ambiguity often skilled while beginning a undertaking. it's going to make it easier to flip the result of your examine into activity move diagrams and wireframes that would be used to adapt your designs into ideas that would paintings for your whole clients and users.
Learn and use Python and PyGame to layout and construct cool arcade video games. In Program Arcade video games: With Python and PyGame, moment Edition, Dr. Paul Vincent Craven teaches you the way to create enjoyable and straightforward quiz video games; combine and begin utilizing images; animate pictures; combine and use online game controllers; upload sound and bit-mapped portraits; and construct grid-based games.
After studying and utilizing this booklet, you could discover ways to application and construct uncomplicated arcade online game purposes utilizing certainly one of brand new most well liked programming languages, Python. it's also possible to set up onto Steam and different Linux-based video game platforms in addition to Android, one in all state-of-the-art hottest cellular and capsule systems.
- How to create quiz games
- How to combine and begin utilizing graphics
- How to animate graphics
- How to combine and use video game controllers
- How so as to add sound and bit-mapped graphics
- How to construct grid-based games
By Elaine Marmel
A simple advent to benefit place of work 2013 fast, simply, and in complete color
Office 2013 has new beneficial properties and instruments to grasp, and even if you are upgrading from an previous model or utilizing the workplace functions for the 1st time, you are going to delight in this simplified procedure. delivering a transparent, visible form of studying, this e-book offers you concise, step by step directions and full-color monitor pictures that stroll you thru the purposes within the Microsoft workplace 2013 suite: observe, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Publisher.
- Shows you ways to take on dozens of workplace 2013 tasks
- Shares sensible examples and useful recommendation to lead you thru each one application
- Focuses on visible rookies, with step by step directions illustrated with full-color reveal pictures throughout
Office 2013 Simplified makes the hot place of work suite effortless to appreciate, no matter if you're new to the software.
For classes in Java Programming
Layered, Back-to-Basics method of Java Programming
Newly revised and up to date, this Fourth version of Building Java courses: A again to fundamentals Approach uses a layered technique to introduce Java programming, with the purpose of overcoming the trouble linked to introductory programming textbooks. The authors’ confirmed and class-tested “back to fundamentals” procedure introduces programming basics first, with new syntax and ideas further over a number of chapters, and object-oriented programming mentioned just once readers have constructed a easy figuring out of Java programming. earlier variations have confirmed the text’s attractiveness as a very good selection for completely introducing the fundamentals of desktop technology, and new fabric within the Fourth Edition contains suggestions with regards to Java eight, sensible programming, and snapshot manipulation.
Note: you're paying for a standalone product; MyLab™ & Mastering™ doesn't come packaged with this content material. scholars, if attracted to paying for this identify with MyLab & learning, ask your teacher for the right kind package deal ISBN and path identity. teachers, touch your Pearson consultant for additional info.
If you wish to buy either the actual textual content and MyLab & studying, seek for:
0134448308 / 9780134448305 Building Java courses: A again to fundamentals method plus MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- entry Card package deal, 4/e
Package is composed of:
- 0134324706 / 9780134324708 MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- speedy entry -- for development Java courses: A again to fundamentals technique, 4/e
- 0134322762 / 9780134322766 Building Java courses: A again to fundamentals Approach
By Carrie Anne Philbin
Coding for children is cool with Raspberry Pi and this effortless guide
Even in case your youngsters shouldn't have an oz. of computing device geek in them, they could learn how to code with Raspberry Pi and this glorious booklet. Written for eleven- to 15-year-olds and assuming no previous computing wisdom, this e-book makes use of the wildly profitable, reasonably cheap, credit-card-sized Raspberry Pi desktop to give an explanation for primary computing suggestions. teenagers will get pleasure from dealing with the book's nine enjoyable initiatives whereas they study simple programming and method management talents, beginning with the very fundamentals of the way to plug within the board and switch it on.
Each venture contains a energetic and informative video to augment the teachings. it truly is excellent for younger, keen self-learners—your young ones can leap in, manage their Raspberry Pi, and wade through the teachings on their own.
- Written by means of Carrie Anne Philbin, a highschool instructor of computing who advises the U.K. executive at the revised ICT Curriculum
- Teaches eleven- to 15-year-olds programming and procedure management abilities utilizing Raspberry Pi
- Features 9 enjoyable tasks followed by means of vigorous and necessary videos
- Raspberry Pi is a $35/£25 credit-card-sized computing device created by means of the non-profit Raspberry Pi origin; over one million were sold
Help your kids celebrate and study computing talents whilst with Adventures in Raspberry Pi.
By Greg Tomsho
MCTS consultant to MicrosoftWindows Server 2008 energetic listing Configuration prepares scholars to improve the talents had to deal with a home windows Server 2008 process and to arrange to go the MCTS 70-640 certification examination. whereas the focal point of themes is at the configuration of energetic listing and similar prone, insurance of home windows foundational subject matters similar to the dossier method and networking also are integrated. huge assurance starts with an creation to home windows Server 2008 and is going directly to lively listing layout, account administration, crew coverage administration and configuration, certificates providers, advert LDS, advert RMS, advert FS, server center, home windows Hyper-V virtualization, and server administration.
By Ross Mistry
NOTE: This name can also be on hand as a unfastened e-book at the Microsoft obtain middle. it truly is provided on the market in print layout as a convenience.
Get a head begin comparing SQL Server 2014 - guided by way of specialists who've labored with the know-how from the earliest beta. according to group expertise Preview 2 (CTP2) software program, this consultant introduces new beneficial properties and services, with useful insights on how SQL Server 2014 can meet the wishes of your corporation. Get the early, high-level evaluate you want to start getting ready your deployment now.
- SQL Server 2014 versions and engine enhancements
- Mission-critical functionality enhancements
- Hybrid cloud enhancements
- Self-service enterprise Intelligence improvements in Microsoft Excel
- Enterprise details administration enhancements
- Big facts solutions